Imagine a home buyer who tells the inspector, “I don’t want to know everything that could be wrong with this house. That could be overwhelming. I only want you to focus on the main level, where we plan to spend most of our time. And never mind the HVAC, that can be complicated to understand.”
That would be ridiculous.
If you’re thinking about buying a house, you need to know everything about the property so you can make a wise decision. You want this information so badly you are willing to pay someone to give it to you.
In the same way home ownership hinges on the inspection, personal growth swings on the assessment.
I’ve never met a person who said, “I don’t need to grow in any area of my life.” I’ve met a lot of people who say, “I want to grow, but I’m not sure where to start.”
That’s why I created the Personal Growth Assessment Tool, as referenced in my book, Grow Toward Your Dreams. This resource is designed to help you reflect on where you are — and where you want to be, in five categories:
Spirituality: dealing with issues of character, and moral-centeredness
Identity: dealing with personality, strengths, skills, personal values, and passions
Responsibility: dealing with four life domains — personal, family, vocation, and community
Destiny: dealing with purpose and life mission
Legacy: dealing with finishing well risk factors and ultimate contributions
From time to time I offer a free webinar where I’ll explain
- The right mindset for engaging in a personal growth assessment
- The recommended process for working through each of the five categories
- Tips for doing an outside assessment to enlist input from others
- How to select the highest Return On Investment goals, and
- Why you need to create affirmation-based instead of activity-based goals, along with practical tips on how to do it
Get a reminder when I'll host the next free webinar. GET REMINDER